Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Prolonged Construction Stinks!

Mike Luong's blog on Austin's Road Construction is about the hassle of construction projects in Austin. He states that the time it takes for these construction is ridiculously long. It is a big mess for people to maneuver around these sites because there are so many detours. Michael stated that he even had problems getting into his neighborhood to get home. That should not be happening to the citizens of Austin. Michael believes that the city of Austin should find a more efficient way to finish these construction projects faster.

I highly agree with Mike Luong’s blog. I understand that there needs to be roads constructed and fixed, but the time it takes to finish these projects is ridiculous. I drive on Loop 1 hoping that the next time I drive on it, the construction will be done. Unfortunately, I am disappointed every time. The traffic can be horrific especially during traffic hour. I was driving home one night from work coming North Bound on IH35 and I was stuck in traffic for about an hour because they only had one lane open. It’s hard having to deal with these issues on top of dealing with every other obstacle in life.

I think it is extremely unfair for those who live in neighborhoods that have construction surrounding them. No one wants to be woken up from their sleep early on a Saturday morning. I can barely handle my neighbor mowing their lawn let alone construction going on. The city should be more considerate of their citizens, especially because the citizens pay for taxes that fund these projects. I also agree with Mike when he says that the city needs to speed up the process of construction projects. It will make the lives of Austin citizens better; there will be no more traffic and interference with citizens‘ lives.

No comments: